Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I participate in the CARE Project?
By sharing your information in the portal, you will help inform the scientific community and the community at large, contribute to a more complete understanding of the virus, and help others get valuable information.
How will you use my information?
We will use information about you
(1) to communicate with you about the survey, the registry and other potential research opportunities that might be of interest to you, and
(2) to administer the survey and related activities.
We will create non-identified information for use in studies and to share with researchers and other healthcare stakeholders for various purposes relating to COVID-19 and pandemics, including:
- To help researchers studying COVID-19
- To populate other databases in order to answer new questions that arise for COVID-19
- To help researchers looking for people to participate in their COVID-19 related research studies that would help inform research, treatment, and/or vaccine options. If a researcher has an ethics committee-approved study protocol, you may be contacted using the information you provide during registration to let you know about studies you may qualify for based on the information you provided in the survey. You are not required to participate and there is no consequence to you for ignoring the request or declining to participate.
How safe is my information?
Who can participate?
Participation is currently open to English and Spanish speakers in the US, and English speakers in the UK. We are assessing how to support other languages and the global community so we can continue collecting information and deliver results to the healthcare and scientific communities.
I have taken the survey but haven’t received any confirmation email, what should I do?
If you are having any technical difficulties or worry your survey was not received, you can email our help desk at [email protected] for support. We will get back to you as soon as we can!