Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I participate in the CARE Project?
By sharing your experience, you will help the medical and scientific community understand the impact of the virus, its treatments and vaccines. This is not just about what doctors see and hear. It’s about how this affects all of us.
How will you use my information?
We will use information about you
(1) to communicate with you about the survey, the registry and other potential research opportunities that might be of interest to you, and
(2) to administer the survey and related activities.
We will create non-identified information for use in studies and to share with researchers and other healthcare stakeholders for various purposes relating to COVID-19 and pandemics, including:
- To help researchers studying COVID-19
- To populate other databases in order to answer new questions that arise for COVID-19
- To help researchers looking for people to participate in their COVID-19 related research studies that would help inform research, treatment, and/or vaccine options. If a researcher has an ethics committee-approved study protocol, you may be contacted using the information you provide during registration to let you know about studies you may qualify for based on the information you provided in the survey. You are not required to participate and there is no consequence to you for ignoring the request or declining to participate.
How safe is my information?
Who can participate?
Participation is currently open to adult English speakers in the US and the UK. We are working to expand to other languages and countries.
I have taken the survey but haven’t received any confirmation email, what should I do?
If you are having any technical difficulties or worry your survey was not received, you can email our help desk at [email protected] for support. We will get back to you as soon as we can!